Official Rules and Regulations
The Bellevue Police Community Foundation’s Motorcycle Raffle period begins on March 5, 2018 and ends on May, 31, 2018. The Raffle is being conducted by the Bellevue Police Community Foundation (herein referred to as the ‘Foundation’), 505 Cornhusker Road, Suite #105, Box #259 Bellevue, NE 68005. The Official Rules of the Raffle are set forth herein. By entering the Raffle, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, and further agree to be bound by the Foundation’s decisions and interpretation of these Official Rules. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
1. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age 18 and over who have a U.S. or U.S. military address. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. How to Enter. Raffle tickets cost twenty $20 dollars each. Here is how to purchase Tickets and enter the Raffle:
a. In Person: Tickets may be purchased in person from designated Bellevue Police Officers. Purchases may be made with Cash or Check. Payment should be made to the Bellevue Police Community Foundation. Tickets may be purchased during regular business hours. Additional contact information will be posted on various social media websites to include Facebook.
b. Special Events and Locations: Officers will be selling tickets at World of Wheels Auto Show Mar 16th – 18th, 2018, CenturyLink Center, Omaha, NE and Wal-Mart/10504 S. 15th Street, Bellevue, NE 68005. Tickets will also be sold at the Bellevue Police Department Front Desk/1510 Wall Street, Bellevue, NE 68005 select special events and locations as posted on the Bellevue Police Facebook and Twitter social media sites.
3. Deadline: All entries must be received by 2pm CST on May 31, 2018. Entries must include the Form and Payment to be considered complete. No incomplete entries will be accepted.
4. Tickets: All tickets are sequentially numbered with the same number appearing on the ticket stub. The ticket stub is completed by the Entrant. The Entrant will then be provided with the ticket, separated from the stub, as proof of purchase.
5. Ticket Sales: A maximum of two thousand five hundred (2,500) tickets will be issued and available for purchase. Any Entry Form and payment received after 2,500 tickets have been sold, or received by the Foundation after 2pm CST on May 31, 2018, whichever occurs first, will be returned. No other refunds will be made, except as otherwise determined by the Foundation in its sole discretion. Ticket sale price is NOT tax deductible.
Subject to availability, Entrants may purchase as many Tickets as they wish. Tickets are personal and can only be in the name of one (1) individual Entrant. Entrants may not sell, donate or otherwise transfer their Ticket(s) to anyone. Prizes will not be issued to anyone other than the one (1) Entrant whose name is on the Entry Form.
The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false, and any illegible, defective, incomplete or physically altered Entry Forms and entries that do not include valid or complete payment. The Foundation is not responsible for printing errors in any Raffle-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or corrupt fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All entries become the property of the Foundation and will not be returned.
6. Drawing. The drawing will be held at Bellevue Police Department, located at 1510 Wall Street, Bellevue, NE on May 31, 2018. The winner will be determined by a random drawing. The drawing will be held under the supervision of a Foundation Representative. Entrants need not be present to win. It is up to the Foundation’s discretion whether to open up the drawing to the public.
7. Notification. The selected winner will be notified by phone and/or U.S. Mail using the information provided on the Entry Form (“Notification"). If any Selected Entrant cannot be located or fails to return attempts to contact him or her by 5:00 p.m. CST on the ninetieth (90th) business day after the Foundation's first attempt to contact him or her, such Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize and another Entrant will be drawn. Each Selected Entrant may be asked to execute an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release") prior to award of the prize. Selected Entrant(s) must provide all information requested to be eligible to win, including proof of age, proof of identity showing that the person claiming the prize is the same Entrant named on the winning Ticket and the winning Ticket stub. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. The prize may be forfeited if Selected Entrant(s): (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain execute on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Winners grant permission for the use of their names, photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotion for this and similar promotions without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Prizes. The Grand Prize drawing is for one (1) 2018 Harley Davidson Fatboy, 114 cubic inch, two tone, 115th Anniversary edition, MSRP $21789.00. No prizes may be substituted for cash value.
The 2018 Harley Davidson Fatboy will be transferred to the Grand Prize Winner as is, where is, and with any and all faults. The Foundation does not provide any guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in connection with the Harley Davidson Fatboy and accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the construction or condition of the Harley Davidson Fatboy. The Foundation makes no representation about whether the Harley Davidson Fatboy is in a street-legal form, or whether modifications to the Harley Davidson Fatboy will be necessary prior to driving on public streets. No express warranties are given and no affirmation of Foundation by words and/or actions will constitute a warranty. 2nd Prize is a $500 gift card to Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson/3838 N HWS Cleveland Blvd, Omaha, NE 68116. #rd Prize is a $250 gift card to Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson/3838 N HWS Cleveland Blvd, Omaha, NE 68116.
9. Release of Liability. All mail correspondence with Entrants or the Winner will be made through the United State Post Office. Entrants release the Foundation of liability if the raffle tickets are improperly mailed, delivered to the wrong address, or unable to reach the entrants by the United States Post Office.
Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Foundation is not the operator, manufacturer, distributor or retailer of the Harley Davidson Fatboy. The Winner agrees to accept full and complete responsibility for all risks and hazards attributable too, connected with, or in any way related to the operation, malfunction, or failure of the Harley Davidson Fatboy. No warranties or promises, whether oral or implied, have been made by the Foundation or the Foundation’s representatives to the Winner in regard to the reliability or performance of the Harley Davidson Fatboy.
Driving or operating the Harley Davidson Fatboy is at drivers/operator’s own risk. Operating a motorized vehicle comes with risks, including but not limited to, bodily injury, property damage, and/or death. The Winner agrees to defend the Foundation against any and all claims and/or causes of action, including but not limited to all bodily injuries and property damage arising out of driving or operating the Harley Davidson Street Glide.
10. Winner Financial Responsibilities. Winner will be responsible for taxes, tags, and license fees, dependant on the winner’s state and county of residence along with Federal Withholding Tax of 25% minus the amount of the raffle ticket (approx. $5440.00) and Nebraska withholdings tax of 5% (approx. $1100.00). The winner will also be responsible for insuring the motorcycle and other legal requirements such as a helmet. Winner will be responsible for all motorcycle maintenance, upkeep, and repairs.
11. Proceeds. Proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the Bellevue Police Memorial Fund.
12. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Raffle Tickets sold. If 2,500 tickets are sold the odds are 1:2500.
13. General Conditions. The Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any employee or other person acting on behalf of the Foundation. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Foundation which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release Foundation its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Raffle (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any and all claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any way.
14. Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's purchase of a Raffle Ticket and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Foundation to use said Selected Entrant's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Raffle on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. Taxes, if any (including, but not limited to, income taxes and sales taxes based on the prize awarded, costs which must be paid when the motorcycle is transferred to the winner, and license fees), are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be issued an IRS Form W2G. Each Entrant is advised to consult his or her own tax advisor(s) with respect to the tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize in this Raffle. The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Raffle should it suspect fraud or for other reasons out of the control of the Foundation. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Raffle will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Nebraska. In the case of a raffle cancellation, a written request will be made through the Nebraska Gaming Commission and the Foundation will comply with all guidelines. This decision will be decided no sooner than 2 weeks prior to the end of the raffle.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
A Raffle Entrant's sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against the Foundation arising out of the sale of raffle tickets or the conduct of the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall the Foundation, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injury to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
15. Privacy. All personal information collected by the Foundation will be used for administration of the Raffle. The Foundation will not share, sell or otherwise distribute personal information collected by Foundation except as stated above.
16. Official Rules and Winners' List. A list of all prize winners will be posted on the raffle website on or about June 1, 2018, and a copy of the winners' list and of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Bellevue Police Community Foundation, 505 Cornhusker Road Suite #105, Box #259, Bellevue, NE 68005. Requests must be received within 30 days of the close of the Raffle.